IK Multimedia - iRig HD
24-bit/96kHz Recording Accessories
High-def jams on your iPhone, iPad or Mac/PC The pioneers in mobile music making now bring you the new iRig HD – the next generation of the immensely popular AmpliTube iRig interface. iRig HD is the first high-quality 24-bit/96kHz audio...
- Category: Sports & Lifestyle
iRig HD at a glance
- High-quality instrument-level 1/4” Hi-Z input jack
- Detachable cables for Lightning, 30-pin and USB connector compatibility
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality low-noise, high-definition preamp
- High-quality 24-bit A/D conversion
- Up to 96kHz sampling rate
- Powered by the iOS device or USB
- Connect electric guitar and bass
- Also works with line level signals from synthesizers, keyboards and mixers
- Ultra-compact and lightweight
- Comes with AmpliTube FREE apps (free download on App Store)
- Comes with 4 exclusive gear models, never before available for iOS, which are unlocked in AmpliTube (v. 3.0 required) after the first time you connect iRig HD. The models include Metal W & Metal 150 (amps), and Wharmonator & X-Flanger (stompboxes)
- Free AmpliTube Custom Shop software (download from IK site) and free download of AmpliTube Metal collection for Mac users
But wait, there's more. We also give you the complete AmpliTube Metal collection for the Mac, which features 48 gear models, including amps, cabinets and stomps. You get presets ranging from vintage 80's shred to the ultra high-gain sounds of contemporary metal.
Metal Clean T
Based on the Mesa/Boogie® Triple Rectifier™ Green Channel
Metal Lead V
Based on the Peavey® 5150™ head
Metal Lead W
Based on the Randall® Warhead 300™
Vintage Metal Lead
Based on the Marshall® JMP100™ head
AmpliTube, AmpliTube Fender®, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and AmpliTube Slash for iOS
Amazing tone on Your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad and beyond
Now for the good stuff. Download the AmpliTube FREE, AmpliTube Fender™ FREE, AmpliTube Slashor AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ app from the App store. Plug your guitar into iRig HD, plug your headphones into your device headphone jack and launch the app. Immediately you'll see something very familiar – a complete guitar rig. AmpliTube iOS recreates your entire guitar/bass signal chain in your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
AmpliTube FREE, AmpliTube Fender® FREE, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ and AmpliTube Slash come with a built-in single-track recorder, expandable to 4 tracks on the iPhone/iPod touch and 8-tracks on the iPad versions of the apps. Immediately you can record your performance, and the length is limited only by your device memory. When you expand the recorder (via in-app purchase), you also get master effects, giving you a complete mobile recording solution built right into your device. Create full songs and compositions right on your iOS device, and export them in WAV or MP3 formats to share via SoundCloud, FTP or email.
We're adding new models of gear on a regular basis, and the in-app purchase feature allows you to expand your AmpliTube app when you want to. You can start with the AmpliTube FREE, AmpliTube Fender FREE, AmpliTube Jimi Hendrix™ or AmpliTube Slash app, then expand your gear collection when you want.
Want to update your iRIg HD's firmware so that it supports the new 96KHz sample rate? Click here to go to IK's firmware update page.
iRig HD Specifications
- Maximum Input Level: from 330 mVpp to 7 Vpp
- Gain Control Range: 26 dB
- Input Noise: -97 dB RMS
- Distortion (THD): 0.005%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz +/- 0.2 dB
- Conversion: 24-bit A/D
- Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 96kHz (requires latest firmware version)
- iRig HD high quality digital guitar interface
- iOS Lightning connection cable
- iOS 30-pin connection cable
- USB connection cable
- Size: 30mm/1.18″ x 99mm/3.9″ x 21mm/0.85″
(W x L x H)
- Weight: ~35g/1.23oz
Compatible with iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPod touch (4th and 5th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad mini 2, iPad 4th generation, iPad mini, iPad 3rd generation, iPad 2, iPad. iOS 5.1 or later is required.
Mac®: Mac OS X 10.6 or later. One free USB port.
Windows®: Support using the ASIO4ALL driver on Windows XP/Vista/7/8. See our FAQ here for further details.
Compatible with Android devices that support Samsung Professional Audio technology, like the Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy Note Edge. Samsung Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Note 3 require Android 5. Micro-USB-OTG to Mini-DIN cable (sold separately) is required.
Compatible with Android devices with USB (OTG) connector running Android apps that use USB (OTG) audio input. Micro-USB-OTG to Mini-DIN cable (sold separately) is required.
Compatible with any Android devices with USB (OTG) connector running Android 5. Micro-USB-OTG to Mini-DIN cable (sold separately) is required.
for android devices